Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foxeye !!
The FZR Forum > The Garage > YZF600 & YZF600R Thundercat
pauldsmith24
Hi everyone, i'm in the UK and have a 1996 FZR600r (foxeye) but i am trying to find a parts microfiche but i can only find one for the older model US and UK FZR 600, I belive the Foxeye was only made from 1994-1996 so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Paul.
Click to view attachment
Orlando Watt
I'll take a look in the workshop later today. I know I've got the UK spec fiches and factory manual.
pauldsmith24
Your a STAR !! Thankyou !!
Alex.
QUOTE (pauldsmith24 @ Jan 15 2012, 08:28 AM) *
Hi everyone, i'm in the UK and have a 1996 FZR600r (foxeye) but i am trying to find a parts microfiche but i can only find one for the older model US and UK FZR 600, I belive the Foxeye was only made from 1994-1996 so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I've not come across a parts fiche for the Foxeye, unless you count the physical fiche's on the bay!
What I did obtain from ebay is a service manual, with a lot of information and a good wiring diagram. It is for a UK bike, as I am in Kent.

Was there anything specific you were looking for?

Alex.
pauldsmith24
Hi Alex, I was just looking for part number really as im quite anal about things being "factory" but thanks for the update, hopefully you wont mind if I hassle you in future for a few number ;-) !!!!

Cheers
Paul.
irish foxeye
QUOTE (pauldsmith24 @ Feb 19 2012, 08:23 AM) *
Hi Alex, I was just looking for part number really as im quite anal about things being "factory" but thanks for the update, hopefully you wont mind if I hassle you in future for a few number ;-) !!!!

Cheers
Paul.

Well im new to the site and have a uk fzr 600r foxeye i found over the years that anything thats on the yzf thundercat fits the fzr and the reason being is because the frame is a yzf 750 different than the standerd fzr600 to make it 10cm shorter.So that means the whole front end is the same as the yzf and the wiring two but the engine is fzr600 but all the cams and other bits inside the engine wore upgraded and the carbs are yzf also so really what im saying anything thats yzf thunder cat should fit.
Grey
QUOTE (irish foxeye @ Sep 20 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Well im new to the site and have a uk fzr 600r foxeye i found over the years that anything thats on the yzf thundercat fits the fzr and the reason being is because the frame is a yzf 750 different than the standerd fzr600 to make it 10cm shorter.So that means the whole front end is the same as the yzf and the wiring two but the engine is fzr600 but all the cams and other bits inside the engine wore upgraded and the carbs are yzf also so really what im saying anything thats yzf thunder cat should fit.

the 4JH model that we have here in england does actually use the YZF thundercat 98bhp engine, and yes it is the same deltabox frame used for the yzf750, though youll need a few very minor mods to swap an engine over smile.gif

good to see some more brits smile.gif

on a side note i know an old boy with a parts store in Tunbridge Wells in Kent that has a microfiche card for the 4JH but somehow i don't think hell give it up :P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.