Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Connectors
The FZR Forum > The Garage > The Electrician's Toolbox
DonTZ125
I'm hoping someone can point me at a source for connectors for the TCI boxes and EXUP controllers. I've found most of what I need, but the round 6-pin connectors for the EXUP servo is a mystery, as is the 13-pin California FZR600 TCI connector.

Any thoughts?
OG Z
QUOTE (DonTZ125 @ Jan 6 2011, 09:02 PM) *
I'm hoping someone can point me at a source for connectors for the TCI boxes and EXUP controllers. I've found most of what I need, but the round 6-pin connectors for the EXUP servo is a mystery, as is the 13-pin California FZR600 TCI connector.

Any thoughts?

I would call salvage yards. or look on ebay for old harnesses to cut up. i have one that has a lot of good connectors including the black boxes but not the EXUP connector if you want it.
fzrz
Try here. I've ordered from him in the past and done me right.

Connectors
FazerMonster
I was poking a little at Rob's(cad) build and he mentioned somewhere he bought from when he had to spilt the harness for the german style light. He would probably have a good idea where to go.
rotortech
Don,

Two more sources that might know where to get these:

ElectricalConnection.com

OregonMotorcycleParts.com

They both have OEM Japanese connectors and may be able to help find a source in Japan.

Are there any identifying numbers on the connector housing? Maybe it is commercially available if you only knew the designation.
DonTZ125
Thanks, guys.

OG Z - sorry if I wasn't clear, but I want these for my nascent home business - wrecker pieces would not be acceptable!

For the various sites suggested, I have seen these guys before and don't have what I need. Perhaps direct contact would make a difference.

Is there someone with a California 600 that could take a close-up photo of the 13-pin ECU harness connector, perhaps find and note markings on the plug?
kiki231
QUOTE (DonTZ125 @ Jan 7 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Thanks, guys.

OG Z - sorry if I wasn't clear, but I want these for my nascent home business - wrecker pieces would not be acceptable!

For the various sites suggested, I have seen these guys before and don't have what I need. Perhaps direct contact would make a difference.

Is there someone with a California 600 that could take a close-up photo of the 13-pin ECU harness connector, perhaps find and note markings on the plug?

I hear ya, Don. I have had great luck with Eastern Beaver on the 2, 4 and 6 pin plugs, but I am still looking for a 6 pin that fits the R6 VR that i have on my 600. The individual pins fit fine, but i want the security and coverage of a proper plug. I can find an R6 harness and cut one out, but i am holding out for a new plug kit (like eastern Beaver's)

I have been told many times on other forums that Hitachi makes 95% of the Asian OEM electrical connectors. I dont know if i believe that, since i have seen other brand names stamped on them over the years. But my search continues, and i am going to continue on the Hitachi quest for now.
DonTZ125
Hiya, Kiki.

Go to Corsa-Technic, and order their D6AS receptacle - D6AS Receptacle. Unless I'm on drugs, that should be the one you want.

Tell Alex Don from TTR says "Hi!" - he's answered a lot of questions for me, and I *still* haven't bought anything off him! biggrin.gif
fzrbrandon
QUOTE (DonTZ125 @ Jan 7 2011, 05:39 PM) *

Wish I could help you Don but my 600's a 49-stater...
kiki231
QUOTE (DonTZ125 @ Jan 7 2011, 11:39 PM) *
Hiya, Kiki.

Go to Corsa-Technic, and order their D6AS receptacle - D6AS Receptacle. Unless I'm on drugs, that should be the one you want.

Tell Alex Don from TTR says "Hi!" - he's answered a lot of questions for me, and I *still* haven't bought anything off him! biggrin.gif

HAHA!! once again, you da man!! thats exactly the plug i am looking for! THANK YOU
I will pass along your greetings!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.