Hey everyone, well I bought a 1998 FZR 600 about a month ago. The day I bought it I got on google and looked for an FZR 600 forums and couldn't find anything. For some reason I joined a Kawasaki forum and they were pretty nice but I finally found this forum and think this one will be much better. Anyways, back to my bike its a 1998 FZR 600 I bought with 9,000 miles for $1800. I have a few started questions about my bike;
1) Did I get a good deal? I looked up the Nada and from what I can tell it seems like a sweet deal
2) My title (which Im going to frame because I love my bike and maybe hang in my garage) just says that the model is "FZR". From what I have come to understand is that I have a 1998 FZR 600R is this rght?
3) Whats the diffrence between my bike and an r6? Was my bike ever called an r6? Are there YZF r6 and FZR r6?
4) What do stage kits do?
Now on to my post. I'm trying to find a tail mod for my 600 and need some advice/help.
1) Im probably going to look on ebay or craigslist to try and find a good tail section. If I get an r1 tail section what exactly do I need? For instance, my fzr has two plastic fairing that snap onto the frame in the rear to make the tail section. What do I need to make a complete r1 (or whatever model tail I decide on) tail?
2) What makes/models should I look at when trying to find a tail section I want? Just throw some suggestions at me and I will check them all out. I've been looking at the fzr tail mods that other people have done here and they all just look way too cool to decide on one What are the best models that don't require a new seat. I don't mind losing the passenger seat but I dont want to have to pay extra money for a new seat when I have teh current one.
3) When I do decide on the make and model of the tail I want will i have to do any fabrications? I would like to be able to find teh simplest tail conversion that looks the best.
Thanks for all of the help, I know its a lot but I really appreciate it. I added some pictures I took of my bike.
My bike when I first got it
More of when I first got it
After I have had my bike and done all of my mods
The current stock tail section
Thanks for helping everyone from the little time I have been on this forum it seems great!
My Amazing List Of Mods I Have Done
- Relocation of license plate. New location, under tail section.
- Ducati Style Mirrors
- Replaced Handle Bar Grips
- High Performance oil filter (When I replaced the oil myself)
- Custom Decal Removal (Took the sticker off the back of my bike)
- Custom Motorcycle Detail (Ya, thats right I cleaned my bike)