post Feb 25 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 11275
Time Spent On Forums:
25d 13h 53m 20s

Hey guys. I put a Vapor gauge on the bike, and it turns out they sent me the wrong leads for how I am hooking up the tach. Basically I am missing a resistor. No problem, all I need is a 600k ohm resistor. BUT, I need to know how many watts are sent along those r/w wires that head to the coils so that I can buy a resistor that is rated for the correct wattage. I don't have a multimeter with me (it is about 2 hours north at the moment) so I can't measure it very easily. Anyone know what it is off the top of their head? Don't go measuring it if you don't it really isn't that big of a deal that I can't wait until I get a multimeter, but I thought that someone might know!

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DonTZ125
post Feb 25 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #2

Left-handed Torque Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 8780
Time Spent On Forums:
85d 17h 39m 1s

If you have a 600k resistor in the tach line, you are NOT seeing full coil power. Any resistor, 1/8w or even less, will do fine.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
If the election was held today, 73% of people would be surprised because it wasn't scheduled that way!
Some people are like slinkies - they serve absolutely no purpose except to make you smile as you watch them tumble down the stairs.

TTR Ignition Systems
TCI Repair and Ignition Transistor Upgrade
VRR Adaptor Harness
Running Light Fuse Carrier
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:55 PM