erollman
post Feb 21 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 15383
Time Spent On Forums:
0d 5h 59m 48s

I was instructed by Mike to write something here, so here it is. That sounded very bad. I am glad to be here. I am here to try and find info for my dad for his 90 FZR1000. He laid her down last September and busted the twist throttle assembly, banged up the pretty Exup exhaust and broke his right hand mirror. He would also like to know if they make a Corbin seat for these prestigious rides? See pic for bike before the damage has been done. I don't have an after.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Photo0250.jpg ( 1022.32K ) Number of downloads: 13

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rotortech
post Feb 21 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Admin

Member No.: 10559
Time Spent On Forums:
94d 10h 48m 12s

Welcome to the forum. Sound like you will need a few parts. You should look in parts for sale and list parts wanted in a new post. That is a nice looking 1000 so I hope he gets it all back together.

--------------------
Read this first then ask questions:
CPR for the FZR

Rotortech
Indianapolis

1994 Yamaha FZR 600 Purchased as project bike Jan 2010
Finished 10 July 2010 My Build Thread with pictures here.

+Quote Post
erollman
post Feb 22 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 15383
Time Spent On Forums:
0d 5h 59m 48s

Thanks Rotortech. I have asked a couple of guys about parts, just waiting on responses. My grandpa actually bought this bike brand new in 91. He put about 15k on it in 3 years(trips to Mississippi from NE Oklahoma), then he sold it to an uncle. He let is set putting practically no miles on it until last year. He had it stored in an airplane hanger only putting jet fuel in it to ride it down the tarmac every other month. He basically only put 500 miles on it. My dad found out that he still had it and purchased it last May. He put 2k on it last year before the spill. It still has the smell of the super high octane burning through the exhaust. Smells so good to ride behind. Unfortunately my dad doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, so he can't get on here and find stuff himself. Thats not a bad looking ride yourself. What year and size?

+Quote Post
rotortech
post Feb 22 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Admin

Member No.: 10559
Time Spent On Forums:
94d 10h 48m 12s

erollman,

My bike is a 1994 FZR 600 that I bought for $400 in the middle of winter here. I spent a fair amount of time doing a complete teardown and rebuild. See link in my signature for gory details. I am not a paint guy so I didn't get the bodywork restored to the original color scheme the way I would like. I had to settle for a good quality paint job with some vinyl that I applied after the paint.

I love to ride this bike. I get lots of looks wherever I take it. People walk up to me all the time when I am refueling and ask me about the bike. And it is just plain fun to ride. I have had bikes that were a lot faster but I have enjoyed this one the most.

--------------------
Read this first then ask questions:
CPR for the FZR

Rotortech
Indianapolis

1994 Yamaha FZR 600 Purchased as project bike Jan 2010
Finished 10 July 2010 My Build Thread with pictures here.

+Quote Post
FZRPaul
post Feb 22 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #5

Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Sponsor

Member No.: 8340
Time Spent On Forums:
39d 12h 43m 43s

Donate to The FZR Archives, I did.

QUOTE (erollman @ Feb 21 2012, 06:04 PM) *
I was instructed by Mike to write something here, so here it is. That sounded very bad. I am glad to be here. I am here to try and find info for my dad for his 90 FZR1000. He laid her down last September and busted the twist throttle assembly, banged up the pretty Exup exhaust and broke his right hand mirror. He would also like to know if they make a Corbin seat for these prestigious rides? See pic for bike before the damage has been done. I don't have an after.

Nice fIzZeR!

Yes, they make a Corbin seat for it. I have a MINT EXUP exhaust, a Muzzy Race exhaust and another option - see your other post; if you're interested PM me for price.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:57 PM