post Mar 15 2010, 06:43 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 10764
Time Spent On Forums:
0d 13h 27m 57s

Hi all,
I am a new user here, so briefly introduce.
I apologize in advance for the translation of my postings. I'm from Czech Republic :-)

Do not speak much English language, I use Google Translate :-) I'm sorry, perhaps I understand :-)

Here in CR is not much information on the FZR 600, I learned lots of new information here! Excellent forum!

Here is some information about my motorcycle.

Modified air box - is diminished - Filter K & N
Exhaust - KerKer
Rear part - R6 2001
Fuel tank - YZF 600 Thundercat 2000
Color - Komaxit - PASTEL ORANGE
See other adjustments. photo ...

I recommend everyone sparkplugs Czech production - BRISK A10S! Price is lower, function better! Better ignition!

The only problem on my motorcycle ignition - maybe just a rich mixture - the original owner to doing home exhausts and filters! There is now money for service sad.gif

I'm on Facebook - FACEBOOK GRIPSTONE
I will be glad for other friends in the fight against this bike :-)

--------------------
Yamaha FZR 600 - Custom (The Chucky)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzrbrandon
post Mar 15 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Admin

Member No.: 8433
Time Spent On Forums:
142d 22h 42m 5s

Welcome! That is a REALLY nice bike! A couple things however:

1 - You may want to put some lube on that chain. It doesn't look like it has any at all.

2 - You say the spark plugs give you better ignition, yet you're having ignition problems??? LOL! All kidding aside, you say you may have a mixture problem so I'm guessing the plugs have nothing to do with it. Post up a bit more about how the bike's behaving and we'll try to help you sort it out.

Brandon

--------------------

www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 PARTS FOR SALE !!!

Current:

'92 FZR600 - white, red, and black, FZR400 3EN2 Deltabox swingarm, Micron exhaust, DJ Stage 1 jets & needles, FP needle jets, K&N filter w/ airbox, '06 - '07 R6 shock, RT springs & emulators, R6 front master cylinder, Galfer SS brake lines, YZF blue dot front calipers, Vortex / RK 520 conversion, YZF/R6 VR/R, Bridgestone BT-014s, Vortex swingarm spools, Zero Gravity windscreen

'90 FZR400 - Yamaha blue - D&D exhaust, Sharkskinz race body, DJ Stage 1 jets & needles, FP needle jets, FP shift kit, EBC clutch springs, Ohlins shock w/ Hyperco spring, RT springs & emulators, JEM Machine fork preload adjusters, RR adjustable dogbones, MK fork brace, Woodcraft clip-ons & rear sets, Galfer SS brake lines, Vortex / RK 520 conversion, YZF/R6 VR/R, Bridgestone BT-014s, Vortex swingarm spools, Zero Gravity windscreen

Future hybrid - Current inventory: '90 FZR400 frame, FZR400 3TJ Deltabox swingarm & wheel, YZF600 forks & wheel, '05 YZF600 motor, Penske shock, FZR600 3HE dual-lamp upper & lower bodywork, YZF600 tank, 1st Gen. R6 tail

Past:

'89 FZR600 - white, red, and blue, V&H SS exhaust, DJ jet kit, Zero Gravity windscreen
***sold in '91 :( ***

+Quote Post
Gripstone FZR 60...
post Mar 15 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Time Spent On Forums:
0d 13h 27m 57s

About those spark plugs ... For us in the CR is similar forum for bikers. Anyone who owns the FZR recommended spark plugs - Brisk A10S. For us to use that label almost everyone who has a motorcycle. The NGK is not at all popular because of their bad features over Brisk. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gripstone FZR 600: Mar 15 2010, 12:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gripstone FZR 60...
post Mar 15 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Time Spent On Forums:
0d 13h 27m 57s

CZ Forum for bikers - http://www.motorkari.cz/forum-vyhledavani/...y=datumsestupne

This is Brisk A10S

This post has been edited by Gripstone FZR 600: Mar 15 2010, 12:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kurt95
post Mar 15 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #5

Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 8062
Time Spent On Forums:
1d 11h 10m 0s

I had the ignition problem with my '93 600 until a few days ago, it's completely stock besides the yoshi slip-on. It's always ran super rich to were the exhaust fumes would make your eye water after walking behind the bike when it was idling but about two weeks ago i couldn't get it to start almost at all, and when it did start after about 5 minutes, I had to turn the throttle Wide Open and it was lucky to get above 3 grand. turns out the number 4 (brand new) plug was cracked. swapped the plugs and drilled out the brass plugs (EXUP) hiding the mix screws and tuned it by ear and now it runs better then it ever has. so making a long story even longer check the mixture, I could tell the motor was getting too much fuel and I found out the screws were turned out to about 2.5 to 3 turns from bottom WITH a stock intake and carb set up. I have them at about 1.75 turns now and no mater the weather temp or how cold the motor is I almost dont need the choke to start it in the morning and i dont touch the choke at any other point in the day. sorry for the long post but I'm pretty happy that the bike is running so much better and figured it might help you out, best of luck!

This post has been edited by Kurt91: Mar 15 2010, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
fzrbrandon
post Mar 15 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Wrench
Group Icon

Time Spent On Forums:
142d 22h 42m 5s

Hey Kurt,

Just wanted to address a couple things:

QUOTE (Kurt91 @ Mar 15 2010, 12:07 PM) *
drilled out the brass plugs (EXUP) hiding the mix screws

AFAIK, these plugs are found on ALL unmodified bikes - not just the EXUP models.
QUOTE (Kurt91 @ Mar 15 2010, 12:07 PM) *
...I could tell the motor was getting too much fuel and I found out the screws were turned out to about 2.5 to 3 turns from bottom WITH a stock intake and carb set up. I have them at about .75 turns now and no mater the weather temp or how cold the motor is I almost dont need the choke to start it in the morning and i dont touch the choke at any other point in the day.

3 turns out (from all the way in) is the factory setting so this isn't anything out of the ordinary. I would say that most folks (that I've seen anyway) DO in fact have their pilot screws set between 2.5 to 3.5 turns out (with the odd exception here & there). Mine are currently set to 3.5 and I'll probably turn them back to 3 now that the weather is getting a little warmer. If you have yours set to .75 something sounds suspicious to me. I don't know your bike but that sounds really lean to me.

--------------------

www.fzrbrandon.com

Current:

'92 FZR600 - white, red, and black, FZR400 3EN2 Deltabox swingarm, Micron exhaust, DJ Stage 1 jets & needles, FP needle jets, K&N filter w/ airbox, '06 - '07 R6 shock, RT springs & emulators, R6 front master cylinder, Galfer SS brake lines, YZF blue dot front calipers, Vortex / RK 520 conversion, YZF/R6 VR/R, Bridgestone BT-014s, Vortex swingarm spools, Zero Gravity windscreen

'90 FZR400 - Yamaha blue - D&D exhaust, Sharkskinz race body, DJ Stage 1 jets & needles, FP needle jets, FP shift kit, EBC clutch springs, Ohlins shock w/ Hyperco spring, RT springs & emulators, JEM Machine fork preload adjusters, RR adjustable dogbones, MK fork brace, Woodcraft clip-ons & rear sets, Galfer SS brake lines, Vortex / RK 520 conversion, YZF/R6 VR/R, Bridgestone BT-014s, Vortex swingarm spools, Zero Gravity windscreen

Future hybrid - Current inventory: '90 FZR400 frame, FZR400 3TJ Deltabox swingarm & wheel, YZF600 forks & wheel, '05 YZF600 motor, Penske shock, FZR600 3HE dual-lamp upper & lower bodywork, YZF600 tank, 1st Gen. R6 tail

Past:

'89 FZR600 - white, red, and blue, V&H SS exhaust, DJ jet kit, Zero Gravity windscreen

+Quote Post
Kurt95
post Mar 15 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #7

Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 8062
Time Spent On Forums:
1d 11h 10m 0s

really? wow. i've checked the timing and everything else i can think of and cleaned out the carbs very well. oh and the should be 1.75 turns. the way my '93 was running was really bad. it's got 107.5 jets in and seems to run very well. I'm sure you have a lot more wrench time then I do anything you can think of that could be the problem?

+Quote Post
fzrbrandon
post Mar 15 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #8

Wrench
Group Icon

Time Spent On Forums:
142d 22h 42m 5s

QUOTE (Kurt91 @ Mar 15 2010, 12:24 PM) *
really? wow. i've checked the timing and everything else i can think of and cleaned out the carbs very well. oh and the should be 1.75 turns. the way my '93 was running was really bad. it's got 107.5 jets in and seems to run very well. I'm sure you have a lot more wrench time then I do anything you can think of that could be the problem?

Not really sure. Like I said, these bikes came out of the factory at 3 turns out and some will say that the factory setting is ALREADY lean. So, yeah, .75 (even 1.75) sounds WAY too lean. Like I said, I don't know your bike. But if you've got a more or less stock set-up, 3 turns (give or take 1/2 or so) is probably where it should really be. We've got a couple Yamaha mechanics floating around these parts and I'd be curious to get their pro opinion on this.

Okay, now back to Gripstone since I've done a pretty good job hi-jacking his thread! LOL!

This post has been edited by fzrbrandon: Mar 15 2010, 01:35 PM

--------------------

www.fzrbrandon.com

Current:

Past:

+Quote Post
FazerMonster
post Mar 15 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #9

Wrench
Group Icon

Group: Sponsor

Member No.: 10083
Time Spent On Forums:
25d 2h 9m 42s

Donate to The FZR Archives, I did.

That is one FINE ASS 600. There I got that out in the open now. I love the orange. one day when I have money I want to built a 400 or 600 and do the frame that orange and fairings the kawi green smile.gif just make it very noticible lol and I think it'd look HOT.

NICE BUILD!

--------------------
-Anthony-

Fzrarchives: Fazermonster
Fzronline: McFizzer
Exupworldwide: McFizzer

NOM NOM NOM!

1992 Yamaha FZR 1000 A.K.A REPTAR

1982 Suzuki GS850L

+Quote Post
Gripstone FZR 60...
post Mar 15 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Time Spent On Forums:
0d 13h 27m 57s

Thank you everyone! I'm glad that you like ... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BMiller
post Mar 20 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #11

That's right.....
Group Icon

Member No.: 2463
Time Spent On Forums:
12d 12h 13m 18s

Welcome aboard!!! thumbup.gif

That is a very cool bike! Nice work, thanks for sharing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_ABS600FZRR_*
post Mar 23 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #12

Guests

sup

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 11:08 PM